Lutheran Social Services Disaster Response
Disaster Times - Minot, November 7, 2012
- Hope Village is hard at work providing housing and meals to the volunteers. Information on Hope Village can be found on the web site:www.hopevillagend.org
- Case Management update: RAFT counties for Bottineau, Ward, McHenry and Renville: 942, with 20 duplicate applications for total of 922. Completed cases as of 9/15/12: 571. Closed Cases 232; inactive cases 83; cases to unmet needs 4.
Serving one another through Hope Village in Minot - Hope Village will continue rebuilding throughout the winter months with housing offsite. Skills needed include carpentry, framing, insulation, drywall, mud/tape, electrical. Teams of one to two skilled with three to four helpers are ideal. Please pray for those who are in need and those who help and consider volunteering if you are able to. Call 701-240-1495 to find out more.
Volunteers Numbers Update
- November 6, there are 73 homes ready for volunteers.
- Volunteers October 28 – November 3, there were two groups consisting of 22 volunteers donating 387 hours.
- A volunteer hour in North Dakota is valued at $17.49/hr, which equates to $6,768.63 of service given in just seven days!
- To date, building materials from Recovery Warehouse have been delivered to a total of 120 houses.
- There are currently 57 homes being worked on.
There are currently 171 jobs pending for rebuild, sanitizing, yard work and other miscellaneous jobs.