Lutheran Social Services Disaster Response
Disaster Times - Minot, May 9, 2012
• Hope Village is hard at work providing housing and meals to the many volunteers. Information on Hope Village can be found on the web site: www.hopevillagend.org
• There will be a Grand opening of Hope Village on May 12, 2012; the opening will feature a bluegrass band called Monroe Crossing. (See flyer in separate email due to size)
Volunteer Opportunities: There is still a need for volunteers
• Volunteer Crew Leaders to lead teams of volunteers in rebuild
• Skilled Volunteers in construction and estimators to assist in the preparation of scopes of work and estimates of the cost to rebuild
• Volunteer Electricians to do residential electrical work
• Case Managers to assist families in long term recovery
Volunteers Numbers Update:
• May 9th there are 35-40 homes ready for volunteers.
• Volunteers April 22-May 5th = 15 groups consisting of 228 volunteers donating almost 5,000 hours.
• A volunteer hour in ND is valued at $17.49/hr which equates to $87,450 of service given in just 2 weeks!
• To date building materials from Recovery Warehouse have been delivered to 22 houses
There are currently 199 jobs pending and misc. jobs for sanitizing and yard work.
Please welcome new LDR staff:
Jennifer (Jenny) Snyder, Fargo office 800-950-2901