Lutheran Social Services Disaster Response
Disaster Times - Minot, November 20, 2012
- Hope Village is hard at work providing housing and meals to the volunteers. Information on Hope Village can be found on the web site:www.hopevillagend.org
- Case Management update: RAFT counties for Bottineau, Ward, McHenry and Renville: 950, with 20 duplicate applications for total of 930. Completed cases as of 11/15/12: 587. Closed Cases 274; Inactive cases 42; Cases being worked 26; Cases to unmet needs 15.
Winter Rebuild in Minot – The need for volunteers to rebuild houses in Minot is great. Hope Village will continue rebuilding throughout the winter months with housing offsite. Skills needed include carpentry, framing, insulation, drywall, mud/tape, electrical. Teams of 1-2 skilled with 3-4 helpers are ideal. Please pray for those who are in need and those who help and consider volunteering if you are able to. Call 701-240-1495 to find out more.
Volunteers numbers update
- November 20, there are 73 homes ready for volunteers.
- Volunteers November 11 - November 17, there was three groups consisting of 18 volunteers donating 331 hours.
- A volunteer hour in North Dakota is valued at $17.49/hr, which equates to $5,789.19 of service given in just seven days!
- To date, building materials from Recovery Warehouse have been delivered to a total of 120 houses
- There are currently 57 homes being worked on.
There are currently 171 jobs pending for rebuild, sanitizing, yard work and other miscellaneous jobs.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!