Lutheran Social Services Disaster Response
Disaster Times - Minot, November 14, 2012
- Hope Village is hard at work providing housing and meals to the volunteers. Information on Hope Village can be found on the web site:www.hopevillagend.org
- Case Management update: RAFT counties for Bottineau, Ward, McHenry and Renville: 942, with 20 duplicate applications for total of 922. Completed cases as of 9/15/12: 571. Closed Cases 232; inactive cases 83; cases to unmet needs 4.
Hope Village in Minot is a partnership of Lutherans, United Methodists, Presbyterians, Mennonites, Catholics, Episcopalians and Southern Baptists working together to rebuild houses in Minot. Rebuilding will continue through the winter. Skills needed include carpentry, framing, insulation, drywall, mud/tape, electrical. Teams of one to two skilled with three to four helpers are ideal. Please pray for those who are in need and those who help and consider volunteering if you are able. Call 701-240-1495 to find out more.
Volunteers Numbers Update
- November 14, there were 73 homes ready for volunteers.
- Volunteers November 4-10: November 3, there was one group consisting of 28 volunteers donating 426 hours.
- A volunteer hour in North Dakota is valued at $17.49/hr, which equates to $7,450.74 of service given in just seven days!
- To date, building materials from Recovery Warehouse have been delivered to a total of 120 houses.
- There are currently 57 homes being worked on.
There are currently 171 jobs pending for rebuild, sanitizing, yard work and other miscellaneous jobs.