Lutheran Social Services Disaster Response
Disaster Times - Minot, May 15, 2012
• Hope Village is hard at work providing housing and meals to the many volunteers. Information on Hope Village can be found on the web site: www.hopevillagend.org
• Case Management update: The United Methodist Church – Dakotas Conference reports that a total of 884 applications for RAFT have been received. Completed = 403; still needing case management = 269; Closed cases = 134; and cases waiting for decisions by client = 109. More case managers are needed.
Volunteer Opportunities: There is still a need for volunteers
• Volunteer Crew Leaders to lead teams of volunteers in rebuild
• Skilled Volunteers in construction and estimators to assist in the preparation of scopes of work and estimates of the cost to rebuild
• Volunteer Electricians to do residential electrical work
• Case Managers to assist families in long term recovery – contact Vincent United Methodist Church at 701-630-2272 if you can help.
Volunteers Numbers Update:
• May 15th there are 35-40 homes ready for volunteers.
• Volunteers May 6th - 12th = 4 groups consisting of 24 volunteers donating 730 hours.
• A volunteer hour in ND is valued at $17.49/hr which equates to $12,768 of service given in just 7 days!
• To date building materials from Recovery Warehouse have been delivered to a total of 25 houses
There are currently 205 jobs pending for rebuild, sanitizing, yard work and other miscellaneous jobs.